Picasa web Albums is now integrated into Google+. It is not a standalone product. It allows you to backup photos and videos, organize and share them with family and friends. You can make slide shows of your photos. To make slide shows or link to an entire album, click 'Link to this Album' link located at the right side of the page. You will see several options to link to the entire album. You can link to the entire album using either a simple link or as a link with a graphic. These features are not available on Photobucket. Picasa is the best place to organize photos and videos. So if you are looking for a step by step process to move photos from Photobucket to Picasa, read on.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Photobucket to Picasa Web:
- Go to http://photobucket.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Library" located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "View Library" option.
- Open an album where photos are located.
- Select the photos which you want to download.
- You will see "Media options" located right side of the window.
- Click "Download".
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Photobucket.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A "Upload Photos and Videos" window opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select photos from your computer".
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Upload more" button located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Picasa web account.
- This is how you can move photos from Photobucket to Picasa.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.