Picasa is photo editing software by Google. It allows you to upload, download, organize, edit and share photos online. Picasa is a desktop application & it has a "Batch Upload" feature which allows you to upload multiple photo folders in bulk. Picasa offers photo editing, advanced organization and Web-syncing functionality for your photo collection. Picasa allows you to rename your photo folders. To do this, highlight or select your folder > Go to 'Pictures' > 'Batch edit' > select 'Rename' & enter the new name of your folder.
Following are the steps to Batch Upload Folders to Picasa:
- Download & install "Picasa Desktop Application" on your computer & launch it.
- Open Picasa.
- Click "Sign-in to Web Albums" located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Sign in using your Picasa Web Album account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Tools" on the Picasa-menu bar.
- Select "Batch Upload" option.
- You will see all your folders which are not uploaded to Picasa Web Albums
- Click the checkboxes beside the folders which you want to batch upload to Picasa Web.
- Select "Upload" option located at the bottom on the screen.
- Select the size, visibility and synchronization options from the appropriate drop-down menus.
- Click "OK" button.
- A browse-dialog box opens-up & click "Yes" button.
- All your folders will now be uploaded to Picasa.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.