Migrate Your Photos & Videos From Google Photos To Other Cloud Storage
When Google Photos launched in 2015, it received worldwide acclaim for its free image hosting. It was incredibly useful for those who had limited storage space on their devices, or just wanted a backup of their memories on the cloud.
Now, due to growing demand from its users, from June 1, 2021, the company has announced that it will be capping its Google Photos storage limit to 15GB per account.
How Does It Affect You?
To clarify, only files uploaded on or after June 1, 2021 count towards the 15GB limit.
This means that once you cross the 15GB threshold, you'll need to pay for additional Google Photos storage. In case you don't, you won't be able to upload any more photos or videos to Google Photos.
How To Increase Your Google Storage?
Google has announced its new One subscription service. With this subscription, users can pay to increase their limit. Currently, their monthly plans include -
- $1.99 for 100GB (or $19.99 annually)
- $2.99 for 200GB (or $29.99 annually)
- $9.99 for 2TB (or $99.99 annually)
What Are The Best Online Photo Storage Alternatives?
Google Photos is no longer free unlimited storage, so it's time to take a look at popular alternatives.
Popular solutions that allow for free photo storage are Flickr, SmugMug, Dropbox, Box, pCloud, and OneDrive.
Why Is Picbackman The Best Solution To Download Photos From Google Photos?
Picbackman is your one-stop solution to download photos and create your Google Photos backup.
- Automatically backup 1000s of photos with ease
- End-to-end managed service for backing up from Google Photos
- Support for a variety of formats including DNG, RAW, SRW, .ERF, .DCS, .CR2, .CRW, .NRW, .NEF, .TIF, .TIFF, .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .JPEG, .BMP, ARW, and HEIC
- Preserve your folder, sub-folders, and album names
- Retain original image metadata from Google Photos
- Intelligent De-Dupe algorithm automatically detects duplicates and excludes them from your backup
Why Is PicBackMan The Best Solution To Download Videos From Google Photos?
PicBackMan has you covered when it comes to downloading videos from Google Photos. Benefits include -
- You can download your videos retaining their original quality.
- Support for multiple video file formats including .MKV, .3GP, .MPG, .MPEG, .MP4, .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, .FLV, .MTS, .M2TS, .M2T, and .M4V!
- You can move your photos and videos from Google Photos to Dropbox, pCloud, Box, OneDrive, SmugMug, and more.
Which Are The Platforms Supported By PicBackMan?
PicBackMan supports hosting for a variety of platforms like Flickr, SmugMug, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, pCloud, OneDrive, Amazon S3, YouTube, and Instagram.
What Are The Benefits Of Migrating Photos & Videos Using PicBackMan?
Our clients choose PicBackMan for a variety of reasons -
- Ease Of Use - Easily migrates your media from one account to another.
- Privacy - All media is marked 'Private' by default. Only you will be able to view and edit the files until you decide to share them.
- Free To Start - Start using our services for free!
- Retain The Quality Of Your Files - Your backups will not be compromised, PicBackMan preserves quality as well as resolution.
- Automatic - Intelligently connects to source folders to automatically backup images and videos as they are created, completely automating the backup process!
- Sub-Folder Support - Works on smart technology to understand subfolders and preserve them in the backups.
- Maintain Original Folder Structures - Your backups will retain their original file structures, meaning that you don't have to sift through scattered files to find the ones that you want.
- De-Dupe - Intelligently ensures that your backups are free from duplicate images.
- Advanced SmugMug/Flickr Download - Title, caption, and tag/keywords are preserved in your Flickr and SmugMug backups.
Whether you're looking to migrate from Google Photos or looking to backup your media, PicBackMan has got your back! Try it out today to enjoy its many benefits including fast, automatic, and reliable backups that preserve the original quality and folder structure of your media.