Picasa is photo editing software developed by Google to manage digital photos & videos. Picasa has a 'Email Upload' feature & it allows you to upload photos to Picasa web albums from your Android phone. This feature is mainly useful for mobile phone users. First you need to visit the settings page & check mark 'Allow me to upload photos by email'. Picasa will create a secret email address for your account. By using this secret email address, you can upload photos to Picasa web albums with a simple steps. You can attach up to 20MB of photos in JPG, GIF and PNG formats.
Here are the steps to Backup Photos from Android to Picasa Web using 'Email Upload':
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Gear icon" located at the top right corner of the window.
- Select "Settings" option.
- Click "General" tab.
- In the "Upload photos by email" section, select the "Allow me to upload photos by email".
- Enter a "secret word". The secret word must be 6-15 letters/digits long.
- As soon as you enter this word, you will get an email address.
- Click "Save changes" button.
- Open your Android phone's email address book & enter your Picasa web's email address as a contact.
- To email upload your photos, just attach them to an email message and send it to the newly-created address.
- All your photos will now be backed up to Picasa web.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.