Picasa is the Google's photo sharing platform which allows you to backup photos & videos, organize, edit and share them online. It allows you to upload photos at full resolution to Picasa Web Albums where you have 1GB of free storage space. Picasa allows you to upload photos from Windows Phone using 'Email Upload' feature. When you are uploading photos via email, you can use email "Subject" line to add captions or to add the photos in a specific album. You can upload photos up to 20MB per email message to your Picasa account. If you want to upload photos more than 20MB, then send your photos over multiple messages.
Here are the steps to Upload Photos from Windows Phone to Picasa Web using 'Email Upload':
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Gear icon" located at the top right corner of the window.
- Select "Settings" option.
- Click "General" tab.
- In the "Upload photos by email" section, select the "Allow me to upload photos by email".
- Enter a "secret word". The secret word must be 6-15 letters/digits long.
- As soon as you enter this word, you will get an email address.
- Click "Save changes" button.
- Open your Windows Phone's email address book & enter your Picasa web's email address as a contact.
- To email upload your photos, just attach them to an email message and send it to the newly-created address.
- All your photos will now be uploaded to Picasa web.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.