If for any reason you are looking for a process to move your photos from Flickr to Google photos, sad news is that there's no direct way to do this. You will have to download all your Flickr photos to your computer and them upload them to your Google Photos.
Another way of moving Flickr photos to your Google photos is using the third party apps like PicBackMan. PicBackMan is a trusted desktop app that let's you move photos from Flickr to Google Photos without downloading them to your system. The best part is, that PicBackMan is automated, so its easy and quick. Below we have explained both the processes for your reference.
Download Flickr photos to your Computer
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "You" button located at the top of the window.
- You will see all your photos & videos.
- Click the photo, you will see it in full size.
- Click "..." (3 horizontal dots) located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select "View All sizes" option.
- Choose the size which you want to download and then click the link in the 'Download' section.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Flickr.
- Unzip the file to your desktop location.
Upload photos from your Computer to Google Photos
- Go to https://photos.google.com/apps & download "Google Photos Desktop Uploader" on your computer.
- Install "Google Photos Desktop Uploader" on your computer.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Uncheck any unwanted desktop folders and click "Add..." button. (Instead select the unzipped Flickr folder)
- Choose a photo size i.e "High quality" or "Original".
- Click "Start Backup" button.
- Click "Ok" button.
- This way you can move your Flickr photos to Google Photos.
- Go to www.picbackman.com and download PicBackMan.
- Register your account and launch the application.
- On Accounts tab, associate your Google Photos & Flickr accounts .
- Go to Migrate tab and click on 'Associate Account' button. Now select Flickr from the dropdown list of associated accounts and click save.
- Now you'll see a Flickr icon on the window and corresponding it various check boxes for various online services.
- In order to migrate photos to Google Photos account, select the check box corresponding to Google Photos icon.
- Now click 'Migrate' button that you see at the bottom of the window.
- All your Flickr photos will now be uploaded / migrated to your Google Photos.