Kids would never run out of items they would want for their birthday. All moms out there would agree that it is easier to get them gifts while they are small, but what to get for your adult children is always a brain-scratcher.
How about a scrapbook of your children’s pictures you clicked over the years? There cannot be a better personalized gift which is sure to be a conversation-starter for months. Making a scrapbook, which is a collection of pictures in an album format but with captions and other supporting material, is a very easy DIY activity.
Here is a step-by-step method to help you with this scrapbook idea:
1. Birthday theme: Selecting a theme for the scrapbook is half the job done. Since it is your son/daughter’s birthday, you already have a theme in place. You can start looking for scrapbooks at a gift or stationary shop with birthday theme. Balloons or cake printed on the pages would make for an excellent birthday-themed scrapbook.
2. Making a scrapbook at home: If you do not wish to buy a scrapbook and give it a more personalized touch, you can always make one yourself. If you a computer-savvy, then you can create your own design for a page. If you are great with art and craft, why not draw and paint a different design (or same for all pages, your wish) for each page according to what pictures you are putting on that page. You can later get the pages spiral-bound.
3. Select pictures: Go through your child’s pictures, right from the one taken when he/she was a day old, to the most recent ones. If you have a fair idea of how many pages you want in the scrapbook, then you must shortlist the pictures accordingly. The pictures you select can be a random collection, or a theme based collection like snaps of all previous birthdays and cakes, or all funny candid pictures.
4. Make a backup: It is highly possible that childhood pictures are the ones of which you only have hard-copies, so it is important to scan those pictures and make a backup before you paste those on your scrapbook. You can use any of the online photo storing services to save them before you give them away.
5. Make a layout and start pasting: Decide on your scrapbook’s layout and start pasting the pictures on to the pages. Embellish each page entry if you want to and do remember have a handwritten message on each page. It could be the caption of the picture along with the date it was taken on, or a funny dialogue or anecdote to go with it.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”