Taking care of new born is one of the most tiring routines in the world. A physically exhausted woman has to take care of herself and her baby, and there is barely any free time in the first few months.
So it is a great idea for a new mom to take some time out to prepare for a scrapbook which will chronicle the first year of her baby. Very soon the baby would be crawling all across the house, so why not go camera-crazy and gear-up to make the first year special.
1. Relish the birth experience: Tell the birth story with pictures and anecdotes. Include snaps of entering the hospital, cuddling your baby for the first time, picture with the doctor and nurse (if they have been kind to you) and arriving home from hospital.
2. First outing: After weeks of being holed up in the house taking care of the baby, the first time when parents take the infant out for a short trip is always a special and hectic time. It could be something as grand as a family picnic, or something as mundane as a hospital visit. But donâ€™t let that dampen the spirit of scrapbooking. Take snaps of not just the baby, but of the big bag of supplies you have to carry around, the pram and the surroundings.
3. Special messages: Congratulatory messages and greetings cards are very rare in the time of IMs and emails. So if you do get any such cards, cherish them. Either preserve the entire card in the scrapbook, or if itâ€™s too big then cut out the handwritten message along with flowers or cartoon characters in it to include in the scrapbookâ€™s layout.
4. Do not forget daddy: Let the father also have his share of fun, so donâ€™t forget to include his pictures and comments in the scrapbook. The focus is generally on the baby and mother, so it will make for a refreshing change to include pictures of the baby only with father. Funny pictures with daddy, like him changing the diaper, will add a special touch to the scrapbook.
5. Record world events: An interesting angle would be to record major events and incidents happening around the world in the baby scrapbook. So years later, when they look at the scrapbook as a teenager, your child will get a sense of time and place. For example, write which mobile phones were popular during that year, the actors who won the Oscars, any major sporting event, what was the cost of a box of cereal, how many channels were there on cable et al.
PicBackMan is a free photo/video uploader that helps you to keep your memories backed up to your favorite online services.
Users in 130+ countries have backed up.
... an excellent job of uploading more then 300GB of photos to 2 different services
I have a large collection of photos and videos to upload on some of my storage account and I was looking for an application that can do it all automatically, and that it did especially well. I found a definitive answer to my needs thanks to this amazing program and that it is constantly improving whith new fantastic features.
PicBackMan was really easy to setup and has been running for 3 days now backing up all my locally saved photos to Flickr. My photos are really valuable to me so it's great to be able to have them easily backed up to a secure location.
PicBackMan was an answer to many a prayer. How can I get this MASSIVE collection of photos onto a service that cripples uploading? PicBackMan. I uploaded approximately 85,000 photos in less than a month. It would have taken me close to a year to get all of those photos where they needed to go. Nothing short of brilliant.
LOVE this program! Works better than ANY other program out there that I have found to upload thousands of pictures WITH SUB-FOLDERS to SmugMug! Thank you so much for what you do! :) #happycustomer
Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan brings order to your digital memories. ...
PicBackMan automates the process of uploading pictures to multiple photo storage sites.
Top rated photo backup application.
It's easy, convenient and can handle thousands of pictures at once.