A retirement scrapbook is generally made as a goodbye gift for a person who has served his time in that particular organisation. The years that a person puts into his career can be beautifully recorded through a scrapbook.
And instead of giving expensive gifts which may or may not be useful to someone who is retiring, a scrapbook can be a splendid alternative. No person will ever forget their workplace and colleagues, and a scrapbook will be one way of preserving their memories.
So here is how you can start making a retirement scrapbook for your colleague.
1. Source pictures of this person from other colleagues who might have some snaps of office parties or family get-togethers. The older the pictures are, the better.
2. If the person who is retiring has worked at some other office or company before coming here, then it would be worth your time to dig around a bit for pictures from that place also.
3. Add a touch of humour, by asking everyone to write a paragraph on what life should be after retirement. You can suggest alternative careers, or activities which no one would ever associate with that person â€“ like dance class for someone who has two left legs, or a singing class for someone who is terribly out of tune.
4. Ask other colleagues and ex-colleagues to write messages in the scrapbook. Any inspiring anecdotes, any turning point or any memorable incident should also be shared. This way that person will know how many hearts he has touched at workplace.
5. Embellish with simple office supplies, like U-pins, company letterheads, cutout of any popular scribble which the retiring person is known to use, packet of his favourite cigarette, napkins form his favourite watering hole, disposable coffee cups from the cafeteria et al.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
PicBackMan is a free photo/video uploader that helps you to keep your memories backed up to your favorite online services.
Users in 130+ countries have backed up.
... an excellent job of uploading more then 300GB of photos to 2 different services