A retirement scrapbook is generally made as a goodbye gift for a person who has served his time in that particular organisation. The years that a person puts into his career can be beautifully recorded through a scrapbook.
And instead of giving expensive gifts which may or may not be useful to someone who is retiring, a scrapbook can be a splendid alternative. No person will ever forget their workplace and colleagues, and a scrapbook will be one way of preserving their memories.
So here is how you can start making a retirement scrapbook for your colleague.
1. Source pictures of this person from other colleagues who might have some snaps of office parties or family get-togethers. The older the pictures are, the better.
2. If the person who is retiring has worked at some other office or company before coming here, then it would be worth your time to dig around a bit for pictures from that place also.
3. Add a touch of humour, by asking everyone to write a paragraph on what life should be after retirement. You can suggest alternative careers, or activities which no one would ever associate with that person â€“ like dance class for someone who has two left legs, or a singing class for someone who is terribly out of tune.
4. Ask other colleagues and ex-colleagues to write messages in the scrapbook. Any inspiring anecdotes, any turning point or any memorable incident should also be shared. This way that person will know how many hearts he has touched at workplace.
5. Embellish with simple office supplies, like U-pins, company letterheads, cutout of any popular scribble which the retiring person is known to use, packet of his favourite cigarette, napkins form his favourite watering hole, disposable coffee cups from the cafeteria et al.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
PicBackMan is a free photo/video uploader that helps you to keep your memories backed up to your favorite online services.
Users in 130+ countries have backed up.
... an excellent job of uploading more then 300GB of photos to 2 different services
I have a large collection of photos and videos to upload on some of my storage account and I was looking for an application that can do it all automatically, and that it did especially well. I found a definitive answer to my needs thanks to this amazing program and that it is constantly improving whith new fantastic features.
PicBackMan was really easy to setup and has been running for 3 days now backing up all my locally saved photos to Flickr. My photos are really valuable to me so it's great to be able to have them easily backed up to a secure location.
PicBackMan was an answer to many a prayer. How can I get this MASSIVE collection of photos onto a service that cripples uploading? PicBackMan. I uploaded approximately 85,000 photos in less than a month. It would have taken me close to a year to get all of those photos where they needed to go. Nothing short of brilliant.
LOVE this program! Works better than ANY other program out there that I have found to upload thousands of pictures WITH SUB-FOLDERS to SmugMug! Thank you so much for what you do! :) #happycustomer
Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan brings order to your digital memories. ...
PicBackMan automates the process of uploading pictures to multiple photo storage sites.
Top rated photo backup application.
It's easy, convenient and can handle thousands of pictures at once.