As we discussed earlier, SmugMug does not support RAW files. Hence, you need to have an added SmugMug service called SmugVault to upload RAW files to SmugMug.
The JPG has to be uploaded first and then RAW's with the same filename so that they are bundled automatically. So when you see a photo in JPEG / JPG format, the RAW file is integrated directly right alongside your JPEGs.
Similarly, if you wish to download RAW files from SmugMug to your computer, you can do it through SmugVault. Downloading from the SmugVault back to your computer costs you $.12/GB
Here is the download process:
1. Log in to your SmugMug account and open the gallery that you want to download.
2. There is a built-in 'Download All' feature in your SmugMug gallery. It is located under the 'Tools' menu.Click it to request for download.
3. Once you have made the download request, SmugMug will create a zip file that include all the SmugVault photos, videos from the gallery.
4. Once done, they will send you an email with a link to retrieve it.
5. The photos in the zip file are the originals that you uploaded to SmugVault. Remember, the download link is valid for 2 weeks only.
You can now install PicBackMan's SmugMug uploader for Mac from the website to backup upload and download SmugMug Photos effortlessly.