SmugMug is an image hosting service which is used to backup both HD photos and videos to your SmugMug account. It stores all your photo & video files on the Amazon S3 Service. SmugMug service is mainly created for professional photographers. Professional account users have the ability to add custom watermarks to their photos. It allows you to sell digital downloads and prints of your photos with your own pricing through the SmugMug interface. Box is a secure content and online file sharing service which allows you to backup photos and videos to cloud. If you want move videos from Box to SmugMug automatically, then you can use third party migrate tool. If you don't want to use third party migrate tool, then you can use computer to do this task.
Following are the steps to Move Videos from Box to SmugMug:
- Go to https://www.box.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Once you have signed into your account, you will see all your photo & video albums.
- Open the video album and select the videos which you want to download.
- Check mark the box located in front of the videos to select the multiple videos.
- Click "Download" or "Down arrow" button.
- You will see a message "Are you sure you want to download selected items? This process may take several moments".
- Click "Okey" button.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the videos from the Box account.
- Your videos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "To New Gallery" option to create a new gallery & upload videos into it.
- A "New Gallery" window opens-up.
- Enter gallery name, description, privacy level & click "Enter" button.
- A "Upload to" window opens-up.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select the videos to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You will get a "Upload complete" message.
- If you want to upload more videos then click "Click to Browse" button.
- Click "Done" button.
- You have another option to upload the videos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your videos directly from your computer to a location in your SmugMug.
- This is how you can move videos from Box to SmugMug.
You can now install PicBackMan's SmugMug uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up SmugMug Photos & videos.