Picasa is a photo organizing & photo sharing website. Picasa is a good place to backup photos & videos. It is easy to use and is accessible from anywhere in the world. If you have a Google account, you can directly access Picasa web. Picasa allows you to store large photos for upto 1GB. Storage limit for 2048x2048 pixel photos or smaller (800x800 pixel photos) is unlimited. You can backup your Picasa photos to Google Drive from your computer.
Following are the steps to backup photos from Picasa web to Google Drive (from your computer):
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click your photo from an album (which you want to download).
- You will see a photo in bigger size.
- Click "Actions" button located at top of the photo.
- Select "Download photo" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Picasa web.
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album. This is the folder where your photos will be uploaded.
- Click on the folder you created. You will see an empty folder at the moment. It is because you haven't uploaded anything here yet.
- To upload photos to this folder, click "Upload" button located next to the create button. Select "File" option.
- "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Once your files are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.