You can easily backup photos and videos to Google Drive from your computer. To do so, you can use Google Drive Desktop Application on your Mac or Windows PC. If you have created a Google Photos folder in your "My Drive" folder, then you might be taking up an unnecessary space on your computer. If you want to prevent this, then exclude the Google Photos folder from your syncing preferences in Google Drive for your Mac or Windows PC.
Following are the steps to Stop Google Photos to Sync Photos and Videos from Google Drive:
- Download and install "Google Drive Desktop Application" on your computer.
- Click "Google Drive" icon.
- If you are using Windows PC, then you will see the Google Drive icon in the task bar located at the bottom right of your desktop screen.
- If you are using Mac, then you will see the Google Drive icon in the Menu bar located at the top right of your desktop screen.
- Select "Preferences" option.
- Check the box located next to "Only sync some folders to this computer".
- Select the folders which you would like to sync to your Google Drive folder, excluding the Google Photos folder.
- Click "Apply changes".
- This is how you can stop Google Photos to Sync photos and videos from Google Drive.