The many joys of traveling can never be explained to a person who hates venturing out of their homes. But for a hard-core wanderer, traveling is a way of life. A scrapbook which records a traveler’s stories, experiences and pictures is a goldmine of knowledge.
So if you travel quite often, then making a colorful scrapbook would be a very engaging activity and a legacy which you will be leaving behind. Given below are 10 useful tips which might come in handy if you are making such a journal.
1. Take as many good quality pictures as you can while traveling. Do not take low quality snaps as they would be of no use. Capture the most mundane things which happen in a day while traveling.
2. Collect souvenirs from exotic lands! Stickers and key chains are the most common souvenirs you can add in your scrapbook.
3. Buy picture postcards which you can clip into your travel scrapbook’s page. It would be more meaningful if you have actually been to that destination, but say no harm if it is a nearby place which you missed. Say if you visited New Delhi in India but couldn’t go to Agra to see the Taj Mahal, it will still be ok to clip in a picture postcard of Taj Mahal.
4. If you are traveling alone, then ask passer bys to click your picture. You have to be in at least some of the pictures for people to believe you have actually been there!
5. If the place you are traveling to is a proper tourist place, then hire a guide who will give you accurate information about everything there. Include all those details in the scrapbook as well.
6. You can make chapters in your travel scrapbook based on different cities or countries. So a particular chapter would contain everything about one place or country only.
7. Include interesting points like local food, customs, habits, people and their behavior, daily life et al. It is like telling a story to someone who has not visited that place yet.
8. Preserve your to-and-fro boarding pass or train ticket and paste it at the beginning of each chapter. Years later, it would be interesting to see how the design has changed in that time.
9. Paste important visiting cards in your travel scrapbook, because you never know, it might be useful one day to you or someone else. Cards of travel agents, hotels, taxis and cabs, local guides, hospitals or friends should always be preserved.
10. Do not make one giant scrapbook which has all your travel records if you are a constant wanderer. It will be difficult for you to maintain and carry it around. So break up the party and keep many journals and scrapbooks which chronicle your travel tales.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”