Photos in your scrapbook will always be the most important aspect. Without pictures, it would be just like any other journal or diary. Pictures are what make scrapbook special and are the central element.
So it is important to select the right picture for the right occasion and layout. There may be pictures that are unique and fit the bill, but you might not be able to create a good layout along with other pictures on the page. So fly solo. Dedicate one entire page to such pictures, so that the focus does not get lost.
Learn more about how to select the right kind of pictures for your traditional as well as digital scrapbook.
1. So select pictures that are in sync with the theme of the scrapbook. For example, if you are making a pregnancy scrapbook, then only include pictures taken during the nine-month period and related to the pregnancy. Do not include random pictures, just because they are nice.
2. Once you have collected all pictures related to your theme, shortlist them and select the ones which are good and tell a story as well. Like in a pregnancy scrapbook, include a picture of the pregnancy test with a title “from where it all began”. You do not need to put a caption besides the photo... it speaks for itself.
3. Remove all those pictures from the lot which are of poor quality. They could either be out-of focus, badly composed, poorly cropped or just not pleasant to look at.
4. Avoid repetition of pictures. Do not select more than one picture of an event of which you have a dozen or more pictures. Select the best one. There is no joy in looking at a collage in which you are looking left in one, and then another picture which is exactly the same (except that you are facing toward right in this case).
5. You can stick to using the originals in all cases (provided you have a backup) or add variety by using some pictures in black and white. This will add texture to the scrapbook. The choice is yours.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”