SmugMug is an image hosting service which allows you to upload both HD photos and videos to your Smugmug account. It was founded by father-son duo Chris and Don MacAskill in 2002. It allows you to create website, pages, folders and galleries where you can upload your photos and videos. You can share SmugMug photos to other social networking sites such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter and much more. You can also share your photos with family and friends via email. SmugMug also provides you a link to share your photos. Click "Get a Link" option located below the photo to share your photo by sending link.
Here are the steps to Share Your Photos on Smugmug:
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ to sign in to your account.
- Click "Try It Now" button.
- Choose a design to create your site.
- Enter your desired Site Name, Site url, Email, Password and choose an option to sell your photos online.
- Click "Create" btton.
- Click "Create" button located on top of the window to create a gallery.
- Enter Title, Description, Meta Keywords, Feature Image and Custom URL to create a gallery.
- Click "Create" button.
- Click "Upload photos" button to upload photos in your gallery.
- Click "Ckick to Browse" button.
- "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Click "Open" button. You will see "Upload complete" message. If you want to upload more photos then click "Click to Browse" button. Click "Done" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your SmugMug.
- Select the photo within your newly created gallery.
- Click "Share" icon and select how you wish to share your photos.
You can now install PicBackMan's SmugMug uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up SmugMug Photos & videos.