Smugmug is a popular photo and video sharing website which is used to upload HD photos & videos to share them with family and friends. It allows you to upload unlimited number of .jpeg, .gif and .png files to SumgMug account. It has a file size limitations while uploading photos. The uploading file size limit is 50 MB and 100 megapixels for each photo. If your file exceeds those limits, then SmugMug recompress it to bring it within the limit. SmugMug supports .jpeg files and can be ordered as prints and gifts. It does not support .png files for prints and gifts.
Here are the steps to Upload Photos from Mac to SmugMug:
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Upload" button located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "To New Gallery" option to create a new gallery & upload photos into it.
- A "New Gallery" window opens-up.
- Enter gallery name, description, privacy level & click "Enter" button.
- A "Upload to" window opens-up.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You will get a "Upload complete" message.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Click to Browse" button.
- Click "Done" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your SmugMug.
- All your photos will now be uploaded to SmugMug.
You can now install PicBackMan's SmugMug uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up SmugMug Photos & videos.