Typically seen as an old womanâ€™s hobby, traditional scrapbooks are loosing its charm and sheen in the modern digital world. When everything can be done at a click of the mouse, who wants to spend days collecting and compiling a scrapbook.
We tell you here the basic difference between traditional scrapbooks and modern ones (not necessarily digital) and then leave it to the reader to decide which one they like better.
1. Traditionally, scrapbooks were all of the same kind, the book or album lot. Since there was no choice about making a digital scrapbook, so designs and variety were limited. They all looked the same, and decorating options were limited. That time could as well be called an era of â€œno-nonsense scrapbookâ€. But these days, even the book kind of scrapbook is available in so many themes and variety that a person is spoilt for choices.
2. Traditional scrapbooks had metal corners to keep photos in place. This is no longer in practice as modern scrapbooks require you to stick photos with a special adhesive. Digital scrapbooks let you â€œpasteâ€ pictures on to pages, not with adhesive or glue, but with the right click of mouse.
3. Making a scrapbook in olden days used to be a tedious process. It took people ages to collect the required material and embellishments. But in this age of lightening speed communication, modern scrapbooks can be prepared in as little time as a single day.
4. Photos used in a traditional scrapbook would always have to be duplicated to reuse it. That problem no longer exists because all prints come from digital photos, which can be easily stored in a computer or online.
5. The quality of traditional scrapbooks was not very great, since the paper or ink used in it was not of archival quality. So they tended to fade easily. But people today are more aware of the uses of archival quality supplies, like acid-free paper. So modern scrapbooks have a better lifespan.
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
PicBackMan is a free photo/video uploader that helps you to keep your memories backed up to your favorite online services.
Users in 130+ countries have backed up.
... an excellent job of uploading more then 300GB of photos to 2 different services