Typically seen as an old womanâ€™s hobby, traditional scrapbooks are loosing its charm and sheen in the modern digital world. When everything can be done at a click of the mouse, who wants to spend days collecting and compiling a scrapbook.
We tell you here the basic difference between traditional scrapbooks and modern ones (not necessarily digital) and then leave it to the reader to decide which one they like better.
1. Traditionally, scrapbooks were all of the same kind, the book or album lot. Since there was no choice about making a digital scrapbook, so designs and variety were limited. They all looked the same, and decorating options were limited. That time could as well be called an era of â€œno-nonsense scrapbookâ€. But these days, even the book kind of scrapbook is available in so many themes and variety that a person is spoilt for choices.
2. Traditional scrapbooks had metal corners to keep photos in place. This is no longer in practice as modern scrapbooks require you to stick photos with a special adhesive. Digital scrapbooks let you â€œpasteâ€ pictures on to pages, not with adhesive or glue, but with the right click of mouse.
3. Making a scrapbook in olden days used to be a tedious process. It took people ages to collect the required material and embellishments. But in this age of lightening speed communication, modern scrapbooks can be prepared in as little time as a single day.
4. Photos used in a traditional scrapbook would always have to be duplicated to reuse it. That problem no longer exists because all prints come from digital photos, which can be easily stored in a computer or online.
5. The quality of traditional scrapbooks was not very great, since the paper or ink used in it was not of archival quality. So they tended to fade easily. But people today are more aware of the uses of archival quality supplies, like acid-free paper. So modern scrapbooks have a better lifespan.
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
PicBackMan is a free photo/video uploader that helps you to keep your memories backed up to your favorite online services.
Users in 130+ countries have backed up.
... an excellent job of uploading more then 300GB of photos to 2 different services
I have a large collection of photos and videos to upload on some of my storage account and I was looking for an application that can do it all automatically, and that it did especially well. I found a definitive answer to my needs thanks to this amazing program and that it is constantly improving whith new fantastic features.
PicBackMan was really easy to setup and has been running for 3 days now backing up all my locally saved photos to Flickr. My photos are really valuable to me so it's great to be able to have them easily backed up to a secure location.
PicBackMan was an answer to many a prayer. How can I get this MASSIVE collection of photos onto a service that cripples uploading? PicBackMan. I uploaded approximately 85,000 photos in less than a month. It would have taken me close to a year to get all of those photos where they needed to go. Nothing short of brilliant.
LOVE this program! Works better than ANY other program out there that I have found to upload thousands of pictures WITH SUB-FOLDERS to SmugMug! Thank you so much for what you do! :) #happycustomer
Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan brings order to your digital memories. ...
PicBackMan automates the process of uploading pictures to multiple photo storage sites.
Top rated photo backup application.
It's easy, convenient and can handle thousands of pictures at once.