SmugMug is an ideal photo sharing website where you can create galleries, backup photos and videos, organize and share them with others. It allows you to share photos to social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and much more. You need the authorization to share photos to social networking sites. You can choose up to 200 photos to publish from SmugMug gallery. You can also post your photos to an external sites. SmugMug allows you to watermark your photos or limit your display sizes to protect photos while posting to other sites. You can move your photos from Photobucket to SmugMug with simple steps. To move photos from to SmugMug from Photobucket, download them to computer and then upload to SmugMug account through web browser.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Photobucket to SmugMug:
- Go to http://photobucket.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Library" located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "View Library" option.
- You will see all your photo and video albums.
- Open an album and select the photo which you want to download.
- You will see "Media options" located right side of the window.
- Click "Download" button.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Photobucket.
- Your photo will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "To New Gallery" option to create a new gallery & upload photos into it.
- A "New Gallery" window opens-up.
- Enter gallery name, description, privacy level and click "Enter" button.
- A "Upload to" window opens-up.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select the photos to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You will get a "Upload complete" message.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Click to Browse" button.
- Click "Done" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your SmugMug.
- This is how you can move photos from Photobucket to SmugMug.
You can now install PicBackMan's SmugMug uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up SmugMug Photos & videos.