Dropbox is a reliable and trusted cloud storage service that does not only backup you photos and videos but your documents and other digital data too. Dropbox is a cloud service that brings your digital data under one roof which is easily accessible from anywhere. The biggest advantage of Dropbox cloud service is that it allow users to create a special folder on each of their computers, which Dropbox then synchronizes. The Dropbox folder that user creates appears same on all the computers.
If you have some photos backed up on your Dropbox account, it is a little tricky to upload those photos to any other cloud service or photo-sharing & hosting service like SmugMug. There is no direct way of uploading DropBox photos to your SmugMug account. However, what you can do is, download photos from your Dropbox account to your computer system and then upload them to your SmugMug account.
1. Download photos from your Dropbox cloud service to your computer and save them in a folder.
2. Login to your SmugMug account and then click on the upload button that you see at top of your SmugMug homepage.
3. Select the gallery where you want to upload Dropbox photos. Or create a new one if you haven't yet created any.
4. You'll now see a box where you can simply drag & drop photos from the folder, SmugMug will then automatically publish them in the gallery.
5. Or, another way to upload photos to SmugMug is clicking the 'Browse' button. It opens a new window from where you can browse and pick individual photos that you want to upload.
You can now install PicBackMan's SmugMug uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos & videos.