SmugMug is an easy and simple file sharing website which allows you to backup photos and video to share with other people in the world. It allows you to create a custom pages which can only be accessed by a direct link. You can protect these private pages with a password for extra security. Dropbox is a cloud storage service which is used to backup photos, videos and files. It provides multiple levels of security to protect and backup your photos, videos and files. Dropbox has two-step verification and a login authentication feature which can be used to add another layer of security to your account. If you are looking for a step by step process to move photos from Dropbox to SmugMug, read below.
Following are the steps to Move Photos from Dropbox to SmugMug:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at the top of the window.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain all the photos from the Dropbox album.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "To New Gallery" option to create a new gallery & upload photos into it.
- A "New Gallery" window opens-up.
- Enter gallery name, description, privacy level and click "Enter" button.
- A "Upload to" window opens-up.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select the photos to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You will get a "Upload complete" message.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Click to Browse" button.
- Click "Done" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your SmugMug.
- This is how you can move photos from Dropbox to SmugMug.
You can now install PicBackMan's SmugMug uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up SmugMug Photos & videos.