Old photos have their own charm which must be preserved. When we talk of old photos, we mean really old, the ones which only exist in prints. The sepia or black&white retro look of these photos can be transformed into a very vintage photo collage.
Don’t just pool in random photos in the collage but make sure they are connected in some way. You can either choose a vintage background or go for a funky peppy colored background to bring these old photos to life.
You can either make a traditional collage by pasting these photos on a sheet of paper or fabric, or you can do it the modern way – on your computer. Follow these pointers if you select the modern option:
1. Scan all the old photos and make a backup (multiple backups if possible). Colour correct those pictures, but remember, do not add too many affects and brushes to these old photos, lest you ruin the retro look.
2. Select the software you will use to make the photo collage. Free downloads are available that have applications to create your collage. Picasa is one such software which is very user-friendly. Adobe Photoshop offers a free trial period but many more tools to work with, which could take time to get used to.
3. Use the software to choose the size and resolution for your collage. A high resolution of 300 for printing an 8x10 collage is a smart option to begin with.
4. Select your photos, approximately 8-10, and import them to the software. Select a layout template, or just got with your instincts on making a random fun layout. Choose one photo to be the holding photo which you can use in a size bigger than other photos which will act as a centre of gravity of your collage. Add titles, captions, clip arts etc.
5. Save your collage, give it finishing touches, and order a print on a good quality paper. You can also share this collage on social networking sites and flaunt your artistic side.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”