Want to show the love for your family in a single photo? How about a collage, which will be a one-stop solution for this public display of affection which will also enable you to include more than one photo.
Cherishing family memories though a photo collage is a fantastic idea, which can also be framed and gifted to parents or siblings on special occasions. The advantage of having a family collage is that in one single file, you can sum up a vast range of events and activities, not to mention family members.
So planning to make a photo collage? Here are some tips to get you started.
1. Collect all good photos of you family for this collage. Pictures of moments like vacations, festivals, in the house doing chores, school plays, graduations et al. Shortlist the ones which you want to include and make sure they are good quality, not blurry or out of focus.
2. Select the software you will use to make the photo collage. Free downloads are available that have applications to create your collage. Picasa is one such software which is very user-friendly. Adobe Photoshop offers a free trial period but many more tools to work with, which could take time to get used to.
3. Select a size and resolution for your collage depending on how many photos you are using. Try not to go beyond 10 photos. A high resolution of 300 for printing an 8x10 collage is a smart option to begin with.
4. Start making your collage now. You can either make your own layout or select a layout template from the software. Choose one photo to be the holding photo which you can use in a size bigger than other photos which will act as a centre of gravity of your collage. Add titles, captions, clip arts etc.
5. Do not forget any family member, especially if you live in a joint family where members’ numbers go into double figures. You can make it a fun collage by adding hand-written messages or anecdotes. Share it on social media networks or print it out and frame it for gifting purpose.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”