Google Drive is a cloud storage & synchronization service provided by Google. Google Drive is a complete office suite that enable users to store music, photos, videos & other documents. Google Drive offers 5 GB free storage space to store your files, photos & videos & allow users to access them from anywhere in the world (with an internet access). Those who need a larger storage space can upgrade to various available paid plans. Their plans start from as low as 100GB for $1.99/month and goes as high as 30TB for $299.99/month. If you have a Google account, you can directly access Google Drive.
Here are the steps to backup photos from computer to Google Drive:
1. Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
2. Once you have signed into your account, click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album. This is the folder where your photos will be uploaded.
3. Click on the folder you created. You will see an empty folder at the moment. It is because you haven't uploaded anything here yet.
4. To upload photos to this folder, click "Upload" button located next to the create button. Select "File" option.
5. "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
6. Once your files are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
7. You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”