Everyone tells you the “What to” and “How to” when it comes to making a scrapbook. But no one bothers to tell you “What not to...” and that is when the problem starts.
Small blunders can make a huge difference as to how your scrapbook will turn out. It can effect the scrapbook’s layout as well as the longitivity.
For example, mothers will follow the instruction of how you can use more than 3 pictures on a page, but they also need to be told that it should purely depend on the quality of photos and size of the page.
So here are some don’ts which you must follow while making a scrapbook.
1. Over-decorating: Try to find the right balance between using minimal embellishment and going completely overboard with it. Do not use embellishments that rust easily. Too many decorative items on a page or the cover of a scrapbook might shift the focus from the photos and captions. You don’t want your scrapbook to look crass, do you?
2. Using non-archival supplies: You do want the scrapbook to stand the test of time and be handed down generation after generation, right? Then stop acting cheap and go for top quality archival material for the scrapbook. This way, the life of scrapbook gets significantly increased and it will look new for longer time.
3. Pasting only pictures: Use good images that tell a story, but do remember that there are times when a good picture can be complemented with an anecdote as well. Journal the incident behind the picture to make memories last long.
4. Essential daylight: Avoid scrapbooking at night. A very simple reason is that you and your friends are going to view it in broad daylight. There is a chance that a particular color-scheme that looked good in night light would look absurd during the day.
5. Stay away from liquids, washbasins or windows during rains while making a scrapbook. Nothing ruins a good paper or a great image as a big blotch of water or a splash of your favorite drink would.
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”