A scrapbook is an excellent gift idea for your beloved mom for Motherâ€™s Day. Instead of hunting for a good gift in gift galleries, most of which have stuff which your mom canâ€™t use anyway, why not put in some effort and make a scrapbook.
You do not have to be a craft genius to make a scrapbook. You would need the supplies to make one though, which are cheap and easily available in stationary shops. A scrapbook, adhesive, coloured paper and pens, and some stickers for embellishment -- and you are ready to start scrapbooking!
1. Collect things that would make a motherâ€™s day scrapbook special. Hunt for your motherâ€™s old and rare pictures, along with new ones which were taken on a special occasion.
2. If itâ€™s a last minute scrapbook, then there obviously isnâ€™t much time to hunt for things from your motherâ€™s childhood or the time she spent before marriage with her friends. So go for things that can be easily managed at the last moment, like messages from her friends who are also mothers.
3. Organize all that you have and decide on a layout. You can either get a ready-made scrapbook, or make one by buying pages and then getting them bound.
4. Start pasting the photos and messages on the pages. Handwritten messages or captions on each page and embellish with things your mother likes to do. For example, if she is into sewing, then decorate pages with buttons and ribbons. If she is into reading, then bookmarks and sale stickers of bookstores would do the trick.
5. If making a traditional scrapbook looks like too much hassle for you, then go for a digital scrapbook. Many websites give you the space and creative help to make a scrapbook. You can also use MS Powerpoint to make a slideshow, in which you can use her favourite song as background music.
Quick Tip Before You Make a Mother's Dat Scrapbook
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
PicBackMan is a free photo/video uploader that helps you to keep your memories backed up to your favorite online services.
Users in 130+ countries have backed up.
... an excellent job of uploading more then 300GB of photos to 2 different services
I have a large collection of photos and videos to upload on some of my storage account and I was looking for an application that can do it all automatically, and that it did especially well. I found a definitive answer to my needs thanks to this amazing program and that it is constantly improving whith new fantastic features.
PicBackMan was really easy to setup and has been running for 3 days now backing up all my locally saved photos to Flickr. My photos are really valuable to me so it's great to be able to have them easily backed up to a secure location.
PicBackMan was an answer to many a prayer. How can I get this MASSIVE collection of photos onto a service that cripples uploading? PicBackMan. I uploaded approximately 85,000 photos in less than a month. It would have taken me close to a year to get all of those photos where they needed to go. Nothing short of brilliant.
LOVE this program! Works better than ANY other program out there that I have found to upload thousands of pictures WITH SUB-FOLDERS to SmugMug! Thank you so much for what you do! :) #happycustomer
Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan brings order to your digital memories. ...
PicBackMan automates the process of uploading pictures to multiple photo storage sites.
Top rated photo backup application.
It's easy, convenient and can handle thousands of pictures at once.