Layout is that element of a scrapbook which really tests your creativity and knowledge. It is a great pointer which shows how artistically-inclined you are.
It is not everyone’s forte when it comes to making a good layout for your scrapbook idea. You may get good quality supplies, and your pictures might be great, but that does not mean the end product will be a hit.
The web is filled with tips which tell you how to ensure a good layout. But let us go a step ahead and tell you what not to do to mess up a scrapbook layout.
1. Just like you scan the web for great ideas for scrapbooking and take good points from eye-catching layouts, do the same to see which layouts you don’t like. Search for scrapbook layouts on Pinterest, which will give you a wide range of variety on this subject. Jot down notes on what you feel is wrong with the layout which you don’t like. There’s your first list of what to avoid.
2. Cluttering a page with too much information is a blunder where the eye doesn’t focus on one thing. You turn the page and you are met with this huge pile of mess, with too many pictures, notes, journals cramped into tiny space. Avoid that.
3. There are times when there is a picture, but no supporting caption to tell the reader where it was taken, who are the people in it, and what was so special about the occasion. Or a ticket stub but no mention of why it is there in the scrapbook. Never do that. Do not leave pictures or embellishments unattended.
4. There is absolutely no need to add every color available to you, every clip art you see, and every animation move you can think of to every item of an online scrapbook. You are just making it difficult for the viewer to focus on the theme. Sometimes less is more (and classy too).
5. The rookie mistake would be to stick snaps or messages so close to the border of the page that it is impossible to differentiate between the two. There is danger of the edges of the photo also getting damaged as years pass by. Keep a healthy margin between the two.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”