Picasa web is a photo organizing & sharing website. It is easy to use and best place to backup photos & videos. It allows you to upload unlimited photos of resolution less than 800x800 pixels to all its users and less than 2048x2048 pixels for Google+ users. You can upload videos upto 15 minutes in length or less. When you reached your limit, it will automatically resize the photos. SmugMug is a stunning photo and video sharing website where you can backup photos and videos. It allows you to download full resolution copies of you photos. To move videos to Picasa Web from SmugMug, download your photos to computer and then upload to your Picasa Web account. SmugMug allows you to download an individual video or video gallery to your computer.
Here are the steps to Move Videos from SmugMug to Picasa Web:
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Organize" button located at top of the window.
- You will see all your photo and video galleries.
- Open the video gallery and select the videos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at top of the photo gallery.
- Select "Download Image" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the videos from the Smugmug.
- Your videos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A "Upload Photos and Videos" window opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select photos from your computer".
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select the videos to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- If you want to upload more videos then click "Upload more" button located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload the videos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your videos directly from your computer to a location in your Picasa web account.
- This is how you can move videos from SmugMug to Picasa Web.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.