It may look easy, but perfecting a scrapbook’s layout is a daunting and demanding task. Some artistically inclined souls have the advantage of understanding the dynamics of a good layout and hence come up with great ones.
But not everyone is that lucky. Selecting pictures and arranging them on a page, along with captions, decorative items and embellishments is what constitutes the layout. The general idea is to get them all organized in a manner that flipping through a scrapbook becomes a pleasant journey.
Here are some basic tips for you to keep in mind while deciding on a scrapbook layout.
1. If you have a fair idea in mind about how you wish to go about making your scrapbook layout, then great! If not, then start cracking on it. You must be having vision of what your scrapbook must look like. Take a piece of paper and draw it. If you need inspiration, the easiest place to check it on the web would be on Pinterest.
2. Go through all the pictures that you have. Make notes of which picture should go on which page and how large (or small) the image should be.
3. Ideally, you should use two to three pictures on a single page. But this is not a hard and fast rule. You can give the pages a creative spin, and go for more (or less).
4. If there is a standout picture among the collection, don’t bury it with the rest of the lot. Use only that picture on a single page and give it a caption if it requires one. It will have a forceful impact and people will appreciate a good photo in a good layout.
5. Include collages in the scrapbook. But only if you have good supporting photos. Make a clean layout through the collage and make sure it has one holding picture which is larger in size. Balance it with medium sized and smaller pictures.
6. Find the optimum unused empty space on page. Don’t leave too much white space which may give an impression that more could have fitted in, and conversely, do not try to clutter everything into one page.
7. Select a proper font for what you want to write alongside the pictures. If you are writing it yourself, do it only if you have a decent handwriting.
8. Be creative. Do not go by the rules all the time. It is ok to stray beyond the lines on some occasion. Always get a second opinion whether what you are doing looks pleasant or is an eyesore.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”