Google Drive is a file hosting service operated by Google Inc. which offers cloud storage, file synchronization and collaborative editing. It allows you to backup photos, videos, documents & important files to access them from anywhere. Picasa is a digital photo organizing & photo sharing website. It allows you to backup photos & videos, organize, edit and share them online. Picasa Web Albums offers 1 GB of free storage space for photos and videos.
Here are the steps to Backup Videos from Google Drive to Picasa (from your computer):
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, Click the checkbox(es) next to the videos which you want to download.
- "Right click" the selected videos, select "Download" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the videos from the Google Drive.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A pop-up window "Upload Photos and Videos" opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select photos from your computer".
- "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select videos which you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" or if you want upload more videos then click "Upload more" located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload videos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your videos directly from your computer to a location in your Picasa Web albums.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.