Picasa is a digital photo & video organizer which allows you to upload, organize and edit digital photos and videos. If you want upload photos from Mac to Picasa web, then you need to download and install Picasa Web Albums Uploader for iPhoto. iPhoto is the built-in photo manager in Mac. iPhoto allows you to import, organize and edit photos in mac. When you download Picasa Web Albums Uploader on your Mac, it will add Picasa export option in iPhoto. By using this feature, you can easily upload photos from Mac to Picasa Web.
Following are the steps to Upload Photos from Mac to Picasa Web using iPhoto:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Download "Picasa Web Albums Uploader" & launch it.
- Open iPhoto and select the photos which you wish to upload.
- Click "File" menu bar.
- Select "Export" option.
- A "Export" window opens-up. Click "Picasa Web Albums" located at the top of the window.
- If prompted, sign in with your Picasa Web Albums username and password.
- You will see 2 options i.e "New album" or "Existing album".
- If you choose "New Album" then enter a name and description. Or If you choose "Existing album" then choose an album from the pop-up menu.
- Click "Export" to upload your photos.
- This is how you can upload photos from Mac to Picasa web using iPhoto.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.