Picasa is an image organizing & photo sharing website. When you add photos to Picasa Web Albums, they will also be accessed in Google+ photo tab. You can upload photos to Picasa web albums from your Blackberry smartphone by sending the photos to a free personalize Picasa email address. To create your Picasa personalize email address, first you need to go to settings page and click the check box next to 'Allow me to upload photos by email'. Picasa will create your personalize email address. To upload photos to Picasa, you can send your photos to this email address. By default, Picasa Web uploads your photos to the built-in Drop Box albums.
Here are the steps to Upload Photos from Blckberry to Picasa Web using 'Email Upload':
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Gear icon" located at the top right corner of the window.
- Select "Settings" option.
- Click "General" tab.
- In the "Upload photos by email" section, select the "Allow me to upload photos by email".
- Enter a "secret word". The secret word must be 6-15 letters/digits long.
- As soon as you enter this word, you will get an email address.
- Click "Save changes" button.
- Open your Blackberry phone's email address book & enter your Picasa web's email address as a contact.
- To email upload your photos, just attach them to an email message and send it to the newly-created address.
- All your photos will now be uploaded to Picasa web.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.