DropBox is a cloud storage service which helps you to backup photos, videos & files from your computer and mobile devices to an online storage space. Cloud backup serves as an offline backup and is accessible from anywhere in the world (all you need is an internet connection). DropBox offers 2GB of free storage space.
Here are the steps to backup photos from iPad to DropBox:
1. Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
2. If you have 'DropBox app' installed on your iPad, launch it. Or else download it from the Apple App store.
3. Tap the "DropBox" on your iPad.
4. Tap the "..." (3 horizontal dots) button located at the top-right corner of the screen.
5. Tap "Upload (+)" from the menu.
6. Click "Camera Roll".
7. "Camera Roll" window opens up & select the photos (which you want to upload).
8. Click "Upload" button.
9. All your photos will now be uploaded to DropBox.
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.