Carousel is Dropbox’s mobile gallery for all the photos and videos stored in the Dropbox account. Using Carousel you can view your photos and videos on your mobile device without navigating through different folders in your Dropbox cloud account. You can also set it up to take an automatic backup of your photos from your iPhone or iPad directly to Dropbox via Carousel.
Here's how to automatically backup your iOS photos with Dropbox Carousel:
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
- If you do not have Carousel app installed on your iPhone or iOS device than go to your App store and download 'Carousel by Dropbox'.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the app and sign in to your Carousel account.(Note: Both Carousel and Dropbox use the same Dropbox account. If you already have a Dropbox account, you don’t have to sign up for a Carousel account). And in case you do not have a Dropbox account please sign up for one.
- Once done, tap the “Sign into My Dropbox” button. Enter your email and password in the Sign In screen then tap the “Sign In” button.
- As soon as you login to Carousel, all the photos and videos from your Dropbox account are displayed in large thumbnails.
- In order to backup your iOS photo to Carousel, tap the orange exclamation icon on the upper left corner of the screen. This will open the Settings menu.
- Select “Backup Options.” from the list. This will open the menu for photo/video backup options.
- Slide the toggle button to go green. This will enable photo videos backup from your iOS device. All the iOS photos that you click in future will be automatically backed up to your Dropbox account.
- All the photos and videos uploaded via Carousel will be placed under the Camera Uploads folder in your Dropbox account. Go to Dropbox, from your computer app, mobile app, or directly from its website, to see them there.
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.