Dropbox allows you to share photos, videos, files and folders with others using a 'Shared link'. If you remove a link, then it will immediately disable link to your file or folder. If someone tries to open the link will get an error message informing them that the 'Item has been moved or deleted'. You can remove a link from the 'Links' page located at the sidebar on the Dropbox website. You can re-enable a link once it has been removed. If you want to share a link to a file or folder, then simply create a new link.
Following are the steps to Remove a Link to a File or Folder in Dropbox:From the Links Page:
From the Preview Page:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Links" in the sidebar located at the left of page.
- Browse the file or folder to remove.
- Click "X" to the right of your chosen file or folder.
- Click on the link to the file or folder.
- Click "Gear" icon located at the top-right of the page to open the settings menu.
- Select "Remove link".
- This is how you can remove a link to a file or folder in Dropbox.