Scrapbook is not just all about pasting pictures on the pages of a designer book. That is what you call a photo album. And herein lies the fundamental difference between a scrapbook and a photo album.
But traditional photo albums are dying a slow death due the bloom in digital camera market and a flourishing demand for online storage of pictures. No one carries an album around, since it is easier to whip out your smart phone/tab/laptop to connect to the net where all (yes, ALL) your pictures are stored.
That is why scrapbooks score high in this tussle with photo albums. That one book becomes special and is talked & viewed the most at almost all family gatherings.
1. A scrapbook, in addition to pictures, includes notes, quotes and captions which tell the story behind the photos. This information is given so that you remember the special day and the events which took place. Whereas in an album, only snaps are allowed, along with the date and place maybe.
2. A scrapbook would contain embellishments and memorabilia like travel tickets, movie tickets, a bill of a restaurant, a price tag of a special expensive gift etc. These are just to give more weight to the pictures. Albums have no such value additions.
3. Scrapbooks generally have a theme, like pregnancy, birthdays, graduation ceremony et al. Albums may or may not have a theme, depending on the size.
4. You can decorate the pages and cover with glitter, ribbon, packing papers et al. Albums are nothing but plastic slots where you place the snaps and are done with it.
5. Scrapbooks tend to become very bulky because of the many things it accommodates. Albums are sleek and manageable, which makes it easier to store them.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
PicBackMan is a free photo/video uploader that helps you to keep your memories backed up to your favorite online services.
Users in 130+ countries have backed up.
... an excellent job of uploading more then 300GB of photos to 2 different services
I have a large collection of photos and videos to upload on some of my storage account and I was looking for an application that can do it all automatically, and that it did especially well. I found a definitive answer to my needs thanks to this amazing program and that it is constantly improving whith new fantastic features.
PicBackMan was really easy to setup and has been running for 3 days now backing up all my locally saved photos to Flickr. My photos are really valuable to me so it's great to be able to have them easily backed up to a secure location.
PicBackMan was an answer to many a prayer. How can I get this MASSIVE collection of photos onto a service that cripples uploading? PicBackMan. I uploaded approximately 85,000 photos in less than a month. It would have taken me close to a year to get all of those photos where they needed to go. Nothing short of brilliant.
LOVE this program! Works better than ANY other program out there that I have found to upload thousands of pictures WITH SUB-FOLDERS to SmugMug! Thank you so much for what you do! :) #happycustomer
Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan brings order to your digital memories. ...
PicBackMan automates the process of uploading pictures to multiple photo storage sites.
Top rated photo backup application.
It's easy, convenient and can handle thousands of pictures at once.