Creating a photo collage is a fun activity to indulge in. It can be a family's weekend activity to create or a pass-time for people who have nothing to do over the weekends. People of all age-groups can try their hands on creating a collage. These photo collages can be great gift items for occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, and sent-offs.
Creating a collage is a bit time consuming and tiring. Doing it manually require more efforts than doing it with the help of a software. But, if you do not have that creative eye, you might just end up lining images in rows and columns. And the whole thing may not look the way you wanted to be.
If you are planning to create an amazing photo collage for someone special or for your home, here are some tips for you.
1. Colors: When you create a collage make sure that the photos you choose complement each other. The color scheme should blend in perfectly and are appealing to the eyes. Do not put together colors that clash with each other. Choose photos in contrasting colors or you may also arrange the colors in a pattern around the collage.
2. Theme : We advise you to create a collage based on a theme. Select photos that best describe it. For example; creating a photo collage for your Grand Ma's birthday an include all family pictures from around a decade. Her wedding pictures, first vacation etc. Similarly if its your brother's birthday, you can select photos highlighting last year's events in his life.
3. Size: Choosing the size of photos is important. You can work with a mix of sizes. If you want to highlight any particular photo use a large size for it. The layout does affect the photos you choose. First finalize the pattern, then select photos (of different sizes) and then prepare a rough draft to see how it looks.
4. Layout : Another important part is the layout. Like we said earlier the size of the photos you choose affects your layout and vice versa. The layout affects the color flow and the whole appeal. The photos that you want to be prominent should be placed in the center and should stand out
5. Border & Frames: Borders and frames help you add an extra edge to our photo collage. If you se a common color in your photos, that goes pretty well with the photos, use it as the border of your photo collage. You can use accent and symbols to add that extra edge.
Bonus Tip: You can also use words or phrases (that describe photos), stickers & stamps to add that extra spice to your collage.
PicBackMan is a free photo/video uploader that helps you to keep your memories backed up to your favorite online services.
Users in 130+ countries have backed up.
... an excellent job of uploading more then 300GB of photos to 2 different services
I have a large collection of photos and videos to upload on some of my storage account and I was looking for an application that can do it all automatically, and that it did especially well. I found a definitive answer to my needs thanks to this amazing program and that it is constantly improving whith new fantastic features.
PicBackMan was really easy to setup and has been running for 3 days now backing up all my locally saved photos to Flickr. My photos are really valuable to me so it's great to be able to have them easily backed up to a secure location.
PicBackMan was an answer to many a prayer. How can I get this MASSIVE collection of photos onto a service that cripples uploading? PicBackMan. I uploaded approximately 85,000 photos in less than a month. It would have taken me close to a year to get all of those photos where they needed to go. Nothing short of brilliant.
LOVE this program! Works better than ANY other program out there that I have found to upload thousands of pictures WITH SUB-FOLDERS to SmugMug! Thank you so much for what you do! :) #happycustomer
Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan brings order to your digital memories. ...
PicBackMan automates the process of uploading pictures to multiple photo storage sites.
Top rated photo backup application.
It's easy, convenient and can handle thousands of pictures at once.