Taking pictures of your kid can be a very challenging task, just like everything related to kids is. But photography is something every mother should embrace with open arms. There is no need to be scared of learning more about photography since it will ensure great pictures of your child/children. That's a great way of preserving childhood memories.
So here are some simple tips for moms who want to start clicking:
1. Read the camera manual. That's the first step towards understanding your camera. It will give you simple instructions of operating it, so read it carefully, twice if need be.
2. Familiarize yourself with camera terms. There was this mother of two who knew how to operate a camera perfectly and clicked great pictures. But she just knew what buttons to push in her camera to achieve the desired effect. She was not familiar with terms like aperture, ISO, exposure, shutter speed et al.
3. Start clicking. Doesn't matter what your kids are doing, click as many pictures as you can of them. Practice what you learned from the camera manual. You will only improve with time and practice.
4. It is difficult to get children to pose. They are all restless, and have other important things to do like playing, watching TV, hanging out with friends and what not. So don't disturb them, let them continue what what they are doing, Click while they are busy, so that you get the best candid shots.
5. A great tip for ensuring that your child's pictures look great is to stoop down to their level (literally) while clicking pictures. It is a great angle which tells the story of their world from their perspective.