Creating silhouette is one of the most interesting technique in photography which is all about the high contrast between the light in background and foreground. Moms who click frequently can experiment with this technique since it can result in some stunning pictures of your family.
Simple backgrounds and foregrounds works best for you instead of complicated or complex backgrounds. Contrary to what people think, it is not a very difficult thing to do, you just need to get some trials done to get that perfect picture. It is simply how you choose to project the light around your subject.
1. Shoot against the light. The sun or any other source of light must be behind your kids and not in the foreground.
2. For a stunning silhouette, keep the source of light hidden behind the subject of your photo. For example, you can ask your kids to stand directly in front of the sun so that a silvery outline would materialize which will give a distinctive appearance to the subject.
3. Shoot in manual mode to have full control over the exposure settings.
4. Shadows can sometimes speak volumes in a photo, especially if the contrast between light and shadows is starkly shown. For example, if you have an external flash, you can place it on either left or right side of your kids (for indoor shooting) and then shoot. You will be amazed at how light on one side of the face can bring out beautiful contrasts with the other side of the face which is all shadow.
5. Use a tripod since you will get sharper and crisper photos with a steady camera. It will also give you enough freedom to handle the camera or the flash.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”