The best time to get ready for shooting maternity photography is at the end of the sixth month and the beginning of the seventh month. This is the time when the mom-to-be is still able to enjoy her growing body and the belly is blooming beautifully. It is best to involve the father and even the siblings while taking the maternity photographs.
1. If you are a soon-to-be first time mom, then it best to capture the dad too in some frames. These pictures reflect the bonding between the couple, and it puts the mom-to-be at ease while shooting.
2. A wide variety of maternity shots ranging from fun-to-intimate can be shot with the soon-to-be mom and dad.
3. If there is a soon-to-be elder brother or sister involved, get the child/children into the frame. Children bring fun, a natural feel, and some emotion to pictures. Shoot them posing as kissing, writing messages or hand printing on momma’s growing belly.
4. Involving the whole family in the photo shoot is also a good time for the mom to share the special phase she is going through with her family.
5. Black and white photos of the mom in a tunic with her first child hugging the bulging belly has always been popular among mothers and photographers. While outdoors are great for maternity photos if siblings are involved, some moms prefer the privacy of the indoors to feel free and pose for pictures.
6. While shooting with the entire family, plan in advance and request them to use a wardrobe with a similar set of color themes for example - Green, yellow, orange, and so on.
7. Maternity photographs involving the family is a good way to record the stages of your growing family.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”