Point and shoot cameras are a great substitute for bulky camcorder and lets you have the same creative freedom as well. Not only are these digital cameras very portable and user-friendly, they are also not that expensive.
Recording a video with a point and shoot camera might not produce a flawlessly clean video, but you can follow simple rules to make it near-perfect. Here are some pointers that might come in handy:
1. Get a tripod or a fig-rig for a much more stabilized shot. Hands tend to shake no matter how steady you think you are which in turn shakes the camera. This movement shows in the recording, so use a tripod for point & shoot cameras, which are pretty cheap. A fig rig, which adds handles to your camera for a steadier camera which is more mobile than a tripod, is also a good option (though a little expensive one).
2. Switch the camera to video mode from photo mode. All point and shoot cameras have this option, usually on the top where all the other shooting modes (like program, auto etc) are given. You just have to turn the knob to where shows video recording.
3. Most point and shoot cameras have a pretty good audio recording system. Make sure all background or extra noise is eliminated before you start shooting. You can use an external microphone to get clearer audio in your recordings.
4. Panning, or moving your camera in the direction of action is better than moving your feet and shaking the video.
5. If you have zoomed in to record a tiny object and want to zoom out to reveal the entire picture, then do it slowly instead of rushing through it and making the viewers dizzy. Take short clips instead of one long clip, so that it is easier for you to edit later.
Quick Tip to ensure your videos never go missing
Videos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”