Dropbox is a free way to store, transfer & backup files in cloud. Dropbox is a tool which enables you to synchronise your files online and use it across multiple computers. Dropbox works across multiple computers running Microsoft Windows and Linux where all files are stored on protected servers which you can access via the Dropbox website or phone application.
How does Dropbox work to backup your photos?
Feature provided by Dropbox:
- First, download the tool from the Dropbox website, follow the comprehensive installation steps and finally register an account.
- Now, you will find a folder named as “Dropbox" you can also specify where you want to save this folder during installation.
- The Dropbox folder works just like other normal folder, you can drop files or drag them into the Dropbox and they will be instantly synchronised online.
- If you want to link multiple technologies or machines to Dropbox then you can do it in easy way by linking your account to that multiple machines.
- Everything which is stored in the Dropbox it will be available on all of your machines regardless of where you are.
- Security: The web portal of Dropbox is SSL encrypted and you need a username and password to get to your files. File transfers are protected with SSL encryption and your information is encrypted with 256 AES encryption.
- Backup Features: Select the files you would like to store and choose 'backup with Dropbox'. There is a status indicator to show how the backup is progressing.
- Restore Features: Dropbox also allows you to restore your photos by logging in to your account, navigate to the file you would like to get back, and then choose how you want to get back it.