We all know about Dropbox, don't we? With mountains of data at our perusal, sometimes storage of these massive volumes of data could be a cumbersome task. Dropbox is a cloud-based file hosting service which offers services like cloud storage of data and file synchronization. It is mostly used to backup photos, videos and other large files online. Here's how you can back up the contents of your iPhone to Dropbox.
Backing up photos:
Backing up videos:
- Download and install the free Dropbox iOS application from the App Store
- Do sign up for an account if you don't have one. With this, you get a limit of 2 GB for data uploads. For more storage space, you need to have a paid account
- Launch the app on your iPhone and login to your account
- Go to the 'Camera Upload' screen and tap 'Enable'. Then tap 'Allow'. This will provide Dropbox direct access to your camera roll to start uploading photos
- The backup process can take a bit of time. This depends on your internet connection speed as well as on the number of photos you have chosen for upload.
Backing up iPhone contacts
- Launch the Dropbox app on your iPhone
- Go to Settings > Camera Upload > On
- Tap 'Enable' same as above. Dropbox asks for permission to access your photos and videos. Tap 'OK'. This will automatically start uploading your videos and photos to Dropbox
- You can also manually choose which video files you want to upload.
You can back up your contacts on Dropbox via a third part app called 'Contacts Backup to Dropbox' ($1.99, Free version limited to 100 contacts) for iPhone and iPads. It is a perfect option for people who like to keep their contacts safe on cloud storage. You can back up whole address books or even individual contacts. The interface is pretty easy to use and understand. The data gets saved on Dropbox with the contact pictures as well.