Dropbox is cloud storage & synchronization service provided by Dropbox Inc. It allows you to backup photos, videos & important files to cloud storage & access them from anywhere on any device. Dropbox has a 'Camera Upload' feature which allows you to upload photos, videos & files automatically to your Dropbox account. You can turn ON "Camera Upload" feature during the initial setup on your Android phone. Dropbox will prompt you to setup your automatic photo & video backups. Choose any of the two options available i.e. upload photos via "only Wi-Fi" or "your data connection and Wi-Fi". It will create a private folder 'Camera Uploads' on your Android phone for storing files, photos & videos. Dropbox allows you to upload photos in full resolution & good quality.
The other way to upload Android camera photos to your Dropbox account is via PicBackMan Android App.
A. Via PicBackMan Android App:
- Download "Picbackman" on your Android phone from Google Play store & launch it.
- Enter your email ID and password to login. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Open "Picbackman" app
- On Accounts tab associate your Dropbox account.
- Tap "Photos" tab located at top on the screen.
- Tap "Choose Photos to Backup" button located at the bottom on the screen.
- Tap "Choose Photos" button.
- Select the photos which you want to upload from your phone's gallery. Tap and hold to select multiple photos.
- Tap "Done" button located at the top right corner on the screen.
- Enter the name to the album and tap "Done" button.
- Checkmark the button located in front of Dropbox to choose online account to backup.
- Tap "Done" button located at the bottom on the screen.
- All your photos will now be uploaded to Dropbox.
Following are the steps to Auto Upload Android Camera Photos to Dropbox:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Download "Dropbox App" on your Android phone from the Play store & launch it.
- Open "Dropbox App" on your Android phone.
- Tap "Camera Upload" located at the top on the screen.
- Tap "Turn on Camera Upload" button.
- Move the slider button next to 'Include videos' from left to right to turn it ON.
- Tap "Turn on Camera Upload" button located bottom on the screen.
- Now anything you add in the Camera Upload folder on your Android phone will be automatically backed up to Dropbox account.
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.