Photobucket & Picasa Web Albums are two online photo sharing websites. Photobucket is an image hosting and video hosting website. Photobucket was founded in 2003 by Alex Welch and Darren Crystal. Photobucket is widely used for both personal and business purposes. Picasa is a photo editing software developed by Google to manage digital photos & videos. Picasa allows you to organize and edit your photos and videos.
You can not upload Picasa web videos directly to your Photobucket account, but you can export them from your Picasa desktop application to Photobucket.
Here are the steps to upload videos from computer to Photobucket using Picasa:
- Download & install "Picasa desktop application" on your computer & launch it.
- Select the videos which you want to upload to Photobucket.
- Click "File" menu and select "Export Picture to Folder".
- Click "Browse" button in the export dialog, select a folder on your computer and click "OK" button.
- If you want the exported videos in their original sizes then click "Use Original Size". Otherwise, click "Resize to" and type a value in the Pixels field.
- Click "Export" button.
- Go to http://photobucket.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- Select "Upload from: Computer" & you will see "Upload to" option.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Your Bucket".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Choose photos & videos".
- "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select videos that you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- You have another option to upload the videos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your videos directly from your computer to a location in your Photobucket.
You can install PicBackMan's Photobucket uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.