Google Drive is a cloud storage service which allows you to backup photos, videos & documents to access them from anywhere on any mobile devices, computer & tablet. Google Drive allows you to upload photos in full resolution or standard size. Uploading full resolution photos will take more storage space of your account. You can effectively resize your photos to reduce the amount of space which you are using. If you are looking for a step by step process to upload Photos to Google Drive from Mac, read on. There are two ways to upload photos from to Google drive i.e. One, the PicBackMan way and the other from the Google Dive web.
A. The PicBackMan Way:
- Connect your Google Drive account from ACCOUNTS tab.
- On 'Photos' tab click 'Associate Photo Folder' button, you see on the page'. Browse and select folder that you wish to upload to Google Drive.
Note: You can associate as many folders as you want.
- Check mark the box corresponding to 'Google Drive' icon and then click 'upload' button located at the bottom of the window
- That's it, PicBackMan's Google Drive Uploader for Mac will now upload all the photos
B. Using Google Drive web
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album. This is the folder where your photos will be uploaded.
Update: The 'Create' button is now replaced by 'New' button. So, now when for step no. 2 instead of 'Create'button, click on the 'New' button located on the left top corner of your screen.
- Click on the folder you created. You will see an empty folder at the moment. It is because you haven't uploaded anything here yet.
- To upload photos to this folder, click "Upload" button located next to the create button. Select "File" option.
- "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Once your files are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your Mac to a location in your Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.