Picasa is photo editing software developed by Google to manage digital photos & videos. Picasa allows you to organize and edit your photos and videos. First you need to connect your external hard drive to your computer, once the drive is connected, use the 'Picasa Folder Manager' to find and manage your photos.
Here are the steps to backup all photos from Picasa to an External hard drive:
1. Download & install "Picasa desktop application" on your computer & launch it.
2. Connect the External hard drive to your computer.
3. Click "Picasa desktop application".
4. Click "Tools" & then click "Backup Pictures".
5. A "Backup your photos" window opens up. You will see "Step 1 - Create a Set or use an existing one" located at bottom of the window.
6. There are 2 ways to backup your photos to Picasa.
a) By creating new backup set.
b) By using existing backup set.
a) Create new backup set: Choose this option if you are backing up photos through Picasa first time.
- Click "New Set" button to create a new backup set of your folders and albums.
- Enter a name for your backup set.
- In the "Backup Type" section, select "Disk-to-disk backup".
- Click "Choose" button & locate your drive.
- Click "OK" button.
- Specify the types of files to include in the backup.
- Click "Create" button.
b) Existing backup set:
- Select your previously made backup set from the "Backup Set" drop-down box.
- Click "Edit Set" button to change the set name or the types of files to backup photos.
7. Select any ('b' or 'c') one of the options listed above.
8. You will see "Step 2 - Choose Folders & Albums to Backup" located at bottom of the window.
9. Select the checkboxes in the 'Folder List' next to the folders and albums which you want to backup. If you want to select all folders and albums, click "Select All" button.
10. Click "Backup" button.
11. All your photos now will be stored to an External hard drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.