Google Drive is a popular photo and video backup solution operated by Google Inc. It allows you to store photos and videos to access from anywhere on any device. It works with any platform. Google Drive app is available for Windows PC, Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, Android phones, iPhones, iPads and much more. It offers 5 GB of storage space to backup photos, videos and files. Photobucket is an online image hosting website where you can backup photos and videos. It offers 2 GB of storage space plus an extra 8 GB storage space when you download the Photobucket app. If you want to learn how to move photos from Photobucket to Google Drive, check out the steps below.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Photobucket to Google Drive:
- Go to http://photobucket.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Library" located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "View Library" option.
- You will see all your photo and video albums.
- Open an album and select the photo which you want to download.
- You will see "Media options" located right side of the window.
- Click "Download" button.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Photobucket.
- Your photo will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album. This is the folder where your photos will be uploaded.
- Click on the folder you created. click "Upload" button located next to the create button to upload photos.
- Select "File" option.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Once your photos are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Google Drive.
- This is how you can move photos from Photobucket to Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.