Google Drive is a cloud storage & synchronization service where you can backup photos, videos, important documents to access them from anywhere. It allows you to store and synchronize photos, videos and files across computers, tablets and mobile devices. You can access them from any computer or mobile device with an Internet Connection. Google Drive has a very powerful search tool which helps you to find specific information within files. Picasa Web is a photo organizer used for organizing and editing digital photos. If you have uploaded photos to Picasa and you want to move them to Google Drive, then you can do it with simple steps.
Following are the steps to Move Photos from Picasa Web to Google Drive:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- You will see all your photo and video albums.
- Click your photo from an album which you want to download.
- You will see a photo in bigger size.
- Click "Actions" button located at top of the photo.
- Select "Download photo" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Picasa web.
- Your Photo will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album. This is the folder where your photos will be uploaded.
- Click on the folder you created. click "Upload" button located next to the create button to upload photos.
- Select "File" option.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Once your photos are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Google Drive.
- This is how you can move photos from Picasa to Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.