You can share a live video to connect with your followers in real time. Once a live video has ended, it's no longer visible on Instagram.
To start a live video:
- Tap the 'Camera' icon in the top left of the screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap Live at the bottom of the screen, then tap Start Live Video. Your followers may be notified when you start a live video.
- The number of viewers appears in the top right of the screen, and comments appear at the bottom. Tap Comment to add a comment, and tap and hold a comment to pin it to the top so that viewers can see it more easily.
- To turn comments off, tap 'three horizontal dots' then select 'Turn Off Commenting'. Keep in mind that any keyword filters you've turned on will also apply to comments on your live video.
- When you're done, tap End in the top right then tap to confirm.
Keep in mind that you may not be able to share a live video if your account was recently created.
Note: Live videos aren't available to everyone yet.